James M. Maskulka's teaching interests include: Global Marketing, Principles of Marketing and directing the Lehigh in Belgium Study Abroad Program for 28 years. He serves on several editorial boards and his current research interests include: co-creation and the sharing economy, emerging markets and brand management. His consulting interests include: marketing management, brand management, marketing strategy, and marketing communications with an emphasis on media effectiveness research.
Over the last thirty plus years he has made numerous presentations covering a wide variety of seminar topics. He has also participated in a number of consulting experiences with firms such as: General Motors, PP&L, AT&T, and Sure-Fit, Inc.; trade associations such as: Point-of-Purchase International (POPAI), the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA) and the trade publication Advertising Age. He has also received a number of competitively determined awards funding participation at both academic and business conferences.
Professor Maskulka continues to actively work with firms and non-profit organizations in the areas of strategy development, media planning and customer engagement, He is a member of numerous professional academic organizations and is a past member of the Board of Directors of the United Cerebral Palsy of Lehigh Valley.
- Youngstown State University, B.S.B.A., M.B.A.
- Kent State University, D.B.A.
- Marketing Strategy
- Value Co-Creation
- Brand Strategy
- Media Effectiveness
- Thode, Stephen F. and Larry W. Taylor (with James M. Maskulka ) “Information Asymmetries in the Pricing of Fine Wines", International Journal of Wine Marketing, Vol. 14 Number 1, 2002, pp. 5 -13.
- Bergenstock , Donna J. (with James M. Maskulka ), “The De Beers Diamond Story: Are Diamonds Forever?” Business Horizons, Volume 44, Number 3, pp. 37-44 (May-June 2001).
- Thode , Stephen F. (with James M. Maskulka ) “Place-Based Marketing Strategies, Brand Equity and Vineyard Valuation”, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Volume 7 Number 5 pp. 379-399. (1998).
- Thode , Stephen F. (with James M. Maskulka ) “A Brand Equity Strategy for Ultra-Premium California Wines”, International Journal of Wine Marketing, Volume 8, Number 3/4, pp. 5-22. (1997).
- Maskulka , James M. (with Charles S. Gulas ). "The Gray Market: A Marketing Perspective," Business, January - March 1987, pp. 25-31.
- Maskulka , James M. (with Michael Y. Hu ). "Bankers' Response to the ETC Act : Attitudes and Degree of Internationalization," Journal of Business Research, Vol. 15, 1987, pp.191-200.