- Maintain a research-active faculty who engage in high-quality scholarship that is disseminated through influential journals, conferences and other publications.
- Provide a solid foundation in economic theory, quantitative analysis, international economics, economic policy and business decision analysis to Lehigh undergraduate students.
- Provide exposure to the wide scope of economic subjects for students majoring or minoring in Economics in order to prepare them for graduate or professional study and/or entry level occupations.
- Provide rigorous economics programs of study at the masters and doctoral level.
The Economics Programs and Students
The economics department offers three undergraduate degrees: a B.A. in economics and a B.S. in economics, offered in the College of Arts and Sciences, and a B.S. in business and economics with a major in economics, offered in the College of Business. Our graduate program has a M.S. degree in applied economics and a Ph.D. in business and economics.
The economics faculty have published papers in journals including American Economic Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Economic Perspectives, RAND Journal of Economics, Review of Economics and Statistics, International Economic Review, Economic Journal, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Health Economics, Journal of Economic History, Journal of International Money and Finance, Science, Journal of Monetary Economics, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Economics Letters, and Industrial and Labor Relations Review. The faculty also write textbooks and research books in their areas of expertise, and serve as editors of economics journals.
The faculty are engaging teachers who develop innovative curricula and classes, and department members have won numerous Lehigh University teaching awards.
- Business Economics Major (College of Business)
- Economics Major (College of Business)
- B.A. in Economics (College of Arts and Sciences)
- B.S. in Economics (College of Arts and Sciences)
- Economics Minor
Lehigh University's Fed Challenge Team
Lehigh University's Fed Challenge Team is only in it's fourth year of competing in the Federal Reserve System's "College Fed Challenge Competition" and has placed second in the Philadelphia Fed's regional competition. The competition is designed for undergraduate college students and inspires students by the working of the Federal Open Market Committee. Click here to view a film of Lehigh's 2010 team, including segments of its practices at Barclays Capital and Market News International.
The College of Business is accredited by AACSB International.