Established in 1980, the Martindale Student Associates Honors Program enables a select group of 12 Lehigh juniors and seniors—from across all Lehigh’s undergraduate colleges—to explore business, economic, and social and public policy issues outside their scope of classroom study. Students will travel to the place of research, and will participate in meetings and discussions with thought leaders from government, business, social, academic and research institutions. The 15-month program is fully funded, and follows a competitive application process.
Activities begin in the February of the students’ junior year, and run through graduation. The students are tasked with conducting group and individual research, and with writing top class academic articles pertaining to the economy and public policy of our country of study for publication as a volume of the Martindale undergraduate research journal, Perspectives on Business and Economics.
The program features on-campus and virtual orientation sessions, a briefings trip in New York City., an intensive 12-day field immersion research trip in the place of study, writing and research workshops, presentation and peer review meetings, and a semester of independent study. Each student is assigned a faculty mentor to provide ongoing guidance and feedback.
As a Martindale Student Associate you will...
- Participate in a prestigious Honors Program
- Conduct in-depth research on the economic and social challenges of the featured place of study.
- Be part of a fun-loving, hard-working group of students from ALL COLLEGES
- Travel with students and faculty
- Meet with government, business, social, and academic leaders
- Elevate your oral and written communication skills
- Work closely with faculty and alumni mentors
- Become a published author by graduation
- Network with a global community of supportive alumni
Fully-funded Thanks to Martindale Alumni and Friends.
- Eligibility: ALL COLLEGE juniors of standing (or seniors who will be registered through May 2025) and 3.4+ GPA, or faculty recommendation
- Nomination: Notification February 13, 2024
- Program cycle: 15 months, February 2024 to graduation
- Campus dinner meetings: 4:30-6:00 p.m. weekly, through spring and fall semesters, 2024
- Field immersion research trip in the place of study: 12 days, May 19-June 1, 2024
- Independent research and writing: Spring 2024, dedicated to completing articles for publication
- Events: NYC alumni networking events and on-campus banquets.
Learn more about the benefits and opportunities of the Martindale Student Associates Honors program by watching the video below.