Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate from a program such as computer science, economics, engineering, finance, operations research, mathematics, or the sciences (physics/chemistry). Four years of university level study are necessary for entry into Lehigh University.
Applicants who have not completed the prerequisite courses may receive a conditional offer of admission and will be required to satisfactorily complete foundation course work prior to beginning regular MS in Financial Engineering course work. Foundation work will not count toward the 30 credit hours required for the degree.
Applicants must have the proper background courses necessary to pursue the MS in Financial Engineering degree. An applicant is expected to have completed:
- Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 credits) OR
- Fundamentals of Accounting (3 credits) OR
- Financial Reporting for Managers and Investors (3 credits) OR
- Equivalent accounting course
Statistics and Probability
- Probability and Statistics (3 credits) OR
- Engineering Statistics (3 credits) OR
- Equivalent introductory calculus based statistics and probability course
- Calculus I (4 credits) AND
- Calculus II (4 credits) AND
- Calculus III (4 credits) OR
- Equivalent calculus series
Please click here to view the course catalog for course descriptions.
Looking for more information on the MS in Financial Engineering Program at Lehigh? Please fill out the form below and we'll send you information on academics, upcoming events and more.