Looking for more information on the MFE program at Lehigh?
Please click below to fill out the form and someone will reach out to you.
You will also receive information on academics, upcoming events and more.
The MS in Financial Engineering Capstone Project
The Financial Engineering Capstone project requires students to apply their Financial Engineering knowledge in a case-based learning environment. The Lehigh MS in Financial Engineering program is a mix of financial theory, applied mathematics, and engineering.
- Company and project mentor propose a project
- Project is reviewed by the faculty mentor
- Teams of 3 to 4 students each work 10 hours per week
- Duration of the project: One to two semesters
- Students work individually or in small groups
- Project is typically experimental in nature
- Students identify a problem or need. They then develop the approach and methods needed to address the problem, conduct the research and present the findings in both oral and written formats.
- Company donates funds to the MS Program
Benefits to Company
- Opportunity to assess potential talents
- Low cost opportunity for a fresh look at a problem or need
- Strengthen ties with the MS program
- In most cases, all inventions developed during the capstone project belong to the Company
- Provide students valuable, career-relevant experiences by applying classroom skills to address real world problems