Looking for more information on the MSBA program at Lehigh?
Please click below to fill out the form and someone will reach out to you.
You will also receive information on academics, upcoming events and more.
The MS in Business Analytics (MSBA) curriculum includes 13 courses (33 credits) in total. Courses cover all core aspects of business analytics from programming in business analytics, to data management, data modeling, and data communications. Data ethics and security round out the curriculum. The MSBA program journey is completed with a capstone project that gives students real-world experience in applying what they learn in the classroom. At the core of all Lehigh Business graduate programs, students are challenged to develop their soft skills and professional networks. Students will gain valuable leadership, teamwork and communication skills ensuring they are prepared for the job market.
MS in Business Analytics Curriculum Overview
Students can choose to attend classes online or on-campus during the Summer II session, but are expected to be full-time, on-campus during fall and spring semesters. However, students located outside 100 mile radius from campus may attend all classes online upon Program Director's approval.
- Calculus (Math 021 or Math 081 or equivalent)
- Economics (ECO 1 or equivalent)
- Statistics (ECO 45 or equivalent)
- Basic R Programming (edX)
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 | 9 AM (EDT)
Virtual International Student Orientation
Friday, June 30, 2023 | Time TBD
Summer II (6 credits)
Specialty Masters Orientation
Thursday, August 24, 2023 | Time TBD
Fall (13.5 credits)
Classes start on Monday, August 28, 2023.
- BIS 458 Data Management for Managers
- BUAN 448 Predictive Analysis in Business
- BIS 411 Storytelling in Business Analytics
- BUAN 457 Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Elective 1
Spring (13.5 credits)
Classes start on January 22, 2024.
- BUAN 452 Business Analytics and Modeling
- BIS 412 Data Ethics and Security in Business
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- BIS 415 Capstone Project
At the core of all Lehigh Business graduate programs, students are challenged to develop their soft skills and professional networks. Students will gain valuable leadership, teamwork and communication skills ensuring they are prepared for the job market.
Total Credits (excluding pre-requisites): 33
Concentrations and Electives
Course availability is subject to the student meeting any prerequisites or getting override approvals from the course's department. Other elective courses not listed below are subject to Program Director approval.
9 credits; choose 3 courses
Prerequisites are waived for the courses listed in this concentration.
prerequisites are waived for the courses listed in this concentration.
No concentration; choose 3 courses
- MKT 312 Marketing Research*
- MKT 325 Consumer Insights through Data Analysis
- MKT 326 Marketing Analytics in a Digital Space
- GBUS 461 Marketing Analytics
- GBUS 466 Marketing Research and Analysis
- FIN 377 Advanced Topics in Investments – Financial Data Science
- MACC 430 Data Analytics for Accountants
- MACC 419 Auditing
- GBUS 496 Talent Analytics
- PMGT 409 Project Management Fundamentals
- ECO 415 Econometrics I
- ECO 404 Applied Microeconometrics
- GBUS 432 Demand and Supply Chain Planning
- GBUS 453 Transportation and Logistics Management
- SCM 345 Analytical Approaches to Supply Chain Management
- DSCI 321 Algorithms and Software Foundations
- DSCI 411 Data Management for Big Data
- DSCI 431 Introduction to Statistical Models
- DSCI 441 Statistical and Machine Learning
- GBUS 421 Advanced Investments
- GBUS 422 Derivatives and Risk Management
- MATH 312 Statistical Computing and Applications
- STAT 410 Random Processes and Applications
- ISE 426 Optimization Models and Applications
- ISE 447 Financial Optimization
*Students taking MKT 312 will not receive credit for GBUS 466