This in person program is designed for mid-level and senior managers and is available as part of our Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Program Dates: October 6 and 7, 2022 from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM ET
Delivery: Two Days In-Person at Lehigh University
(Participants need to complete both sessions to meet the program requirements).
Program Cost: $1,995 (Includes meals)
Private Delivery Available: If you have a group of 15 or more, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange for a private offering of this program! This program is available in 2 formats: live online (3 sessions) or in-person (2 days).
Today’s unprecedented work environment and future uncertainties have put a premium on project management. But at a time when profitable outcomes are more important for your business than ever before, those results are harder to achieve. Whether you are a seasoned project manager facing new and difficult challenges or are dealing with the complexity of getting your own projects done at a distance, Project Management Foundations will help you sharpen your skills and improve your efficiency and effectiveness. It also includes exercises and case studies that will provide you with concrete tools you can implement immediately.
Based on decades of research (and experience working through previous crises), the program uses a two-pronged approach to help you succeed. First, you will explore the most common reasons why projects fail, and how to spot potential pitfalls before they derail your project. Second, you will gain proven tools and powerful techniques that will guide you through the project management process.
Project Management Institute has accepted this course toward the education requirement (PDUs) for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and toward the technical education hours for aspiring PMPs.
- The project management process, work breakdown structure, network diagrams, and the critical path
- Schedule development
- Risk management introduction
- Resource allocation
- Communication planning
- Stakeholder analysis
- Risk planning and management
- Risk identification techniques
- Project Execution, delivery, and control
- Project close
- SimulTrain - Project management simulator
Impact & Benefits:
- Define a project upfront by writing a project charter that clearly outlines its goals
- Develop a project communication plan (lack of this plan is one of the most common reasons projects fail)
- Create a stakeholder analysis and engagement plan that involves key executives in a project
- Break down a project into manageable activities and sequence those activities to use resources most effectively
- Establish project schedules and spending plans
- Learn and apply specific techniques for project risk management, including premortems
Who Should Attend?
Existing and new project managers who want to explore fundamentals, avoid common mistakes, and significantly improve their success rates.
John Juzbasich, D.Ed.(c), MLD, PMP, partner at Merit Career Development. John has been managing projects and teaching project management for over a decade. His business experience includes a successful career at IBM and a variety of high technology firms.
Already have your mind made up? Register for this program today!
Looking to learn more about Executive Education at Lehigh?
We're here to answer any questions you may have and throughout your professional development! Please do not hesitate to contact us today!