This two-day open-enrollment program is designed for current and new project managers, and is available as part of our Project Management and Management & Leadership certificate programs.
Project management is fundamental to business success. When projects are completed on time and on budget, with their expected business value achieved, companies not only reap the benefits in terms of increased revenue and competitive advantage, but they waste 28 percent less money than organizations that don’t invest in proven project management practices.
Foundations of Project Management shares those best practices in a dynamic two days that will show current and future project managers how to increase their success rates. Instead of using intuition and prior knowledge of what may have worked, participants will learn proven tools and techniques that can be applied on any project. The program directly addresses the most common reasons projects fail, using a powerful business simulation, case study, and class discussions that leverage the experiences of both the instructor and the participants. You will be able to provide increased value to your organization on your first day back at work.
This program is accredited by the Project Management Institute and counts toward the education requirement for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and aspiring PMPs.
Impact & Benefits
- Define a project upfront by writing a project charter that clearly outlines its goals
- Develop a project communication plan (lack of this plan is one of the most common reasons projects fail)
- Create a stakeholder analysis and engagement plan that involves key executives in a project
- Break down a project into manageable activities and sequence those activities to use resources most effectively
- Establish project schedules and spending plans
- Learn and apply specific techniques for project risk management, including premortems
Who Should Attend
Existing and new project managers who want to explore fundamentals, avoid common mistakes, and significantly improve their success rates.
John Juzbasich, D.Ed.(c), MLD, PMP, partner at Merit Career Development. John has been managing projects and teaching project management for over a decade. His business experience includes a successful career at IBM and a variety of high technology firms.
Already have your mind made up? View our registration and program calendar page.