This two-day program is designed for those in decision-making roles and those who seek to improve their understanding of finance, and is available as part of our Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership or for the Executive Certificate in Project Management.
As a non-financial manager, you are responsible for regularly making decisions that affect your company’s financial performance. Understanding the financial implications of those decisions can have a dramatic effect on the bottom line, benefitting not just your team, business unit, and organization, but also your career.
This program provides the knowledge you need to understand how the outcomes of operating decisions affect your organization’s finances. Using real financial reports and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to better interpret financial reports, performance metrics, and analytical techniques. Taught by Lehigh finance professor Sam Weaver, author of The Essentials of Financial Analysis, this program also provides a foundational understanding of the language of finance and accounting. You will come away better able to present financial results, execute performance comparisons, allocate resources, budget expenses, and contribute to discussions with finance professionals.
Impact & Benefits
- Understand, analyze, and integrate financial information into everyday business decisions
- Implement strategic plans, operating budgets, and financial forecasts
- Use corporate investment valuation techniques to assess capital investment decisions, including new products and acquisitions
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with financial professionals
- Assess the financial position of suppliers, customers, and competitors
- Pursue growth through strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
Who Should Attend
- Current and future company leaders in decision-making roles
- Leaders who have been identified as high-potentials
- Individuals who seek to improve their understanding of finance
Samuel C. Weaver, Ph.D., CMA, CFM, Lehigh finance professor and former Director of Financial Planning and Analysis at the Hershey Company. Dr. Weaver is the author of four books on finance for managers, and provides financial consulting and executive training to many corporations and professional organizations.
The cost of this program is $2160, which includes all program materials, a copy of Dr. Samuel Weaver's book “The Essentials of Financial Analysis”, program meals (continental breakfast and lunch), networking opportunities with like-minded professionals, and a certificate of completion.
Already have your mind made up? View our registration and program calendar page.