This online program is designed for mid-level and senior managers and is available as part of our Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Program Dates: November 3 and 10, 2021 from 1:00 - 4:30 PM ET
Delivery: Live Online - 2 sessions
(Participants need to complete both sessions to meet the program requirements).
Program Cost: $1050
Private Delivery Available: If you have a group of 15 or more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a private offering of this program!
Every organization has a business model, whether by design or default. When by design, it should be the guide for achieving your strategic vision and delivering value to your customers. Whether you are building, revitalizing, or pivoting a business, if it’s not clearly articulated and well executed, you are probably falling short of your strategic goals.
Creating and Executing Strategy: The Business Model Canvas is a workshop-style program that will help you develop a holistic strategy that capitalizes on existing strengths and capabilities, promotes greater collaboration and buy-in, and identifies blind spots and areas for improvement. The method you learn can be applied to business units, teams, divisions, and entire organizations, and should be used dynamically to continuously evolve your business model.
This program is a real-time, synchronized learning experience, delivered in a best-of-class virtual format. Designed for immediate application, it requires a high level of engagement in facilitated discussions, exploration of contemporary examples, and collaborative exercises that focus on participants’ real-world challenges. You will gain the practical knowledge and personal insights needed to implement the powerful business model canvas method in your organization.
- Using the Business Model Canvas for new businesses and for pivoting existing businesses
- Customer Development
- Product or Service Design and Development
- Utilizing the Strategic Gaps Map
- Collaboration, design-thinking strategies, and internal versus external facilitators
- Development of Strategy into an actionable plan and execution
Impact and Benefits:
- Learn to think more strategically about your new and/or existing business
- Build a new business by uncovering sources of value, uncovering blind spots, and answering key questions
- Pivot existing business by evaluating your current business model, and exploring options and the consequences of various strategic pivots
- Use the model internally to improve collaboration and creativity; clarify the value of functions, units, or divisions and how that value is delivered
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders, or aspiring leaders, who want to improve their strategic thinking capability
- Prospective and current entrepreneurs
- Those currently in or aspiring to be in strategy or management roles, including c-level executives, directors, managing directors, VPs, managers, and high-potentials
Joshua Ehrig Professor of Practice, Department of Management, Lehigh University, and Jamie Flinchbaugh, entrepreneur, lean advisor, board member, speaker, and author. Josh and Jamie bring a strong combination of academic, research-based learning and practical, real-world business experience gained through nearly five decades of advising organizations around business model innovation. They have worked and understand the needs of both new ventures and existing companies. In addition, Josh has taught the Business Model Canvas framework to hundreds of MBA students who have used it to fuel strategic thinking and drive success in their firms.
Have you made up your mind?
We're here to help if you're ready to register or need some more information.