This two-day open-enrollment program is designed for current and new project managers, and is available as part of our Project Management and Management & Leadership certificate programs.
Project management is fundamental to business success—but understanding the fundamentals will only get you so far. As the process continues to evolve, new tools and methods allow managers to more accurately plan and execute on projects, with a dramatic increase in their success rates.
Advanced Topics Project Management will help you recognize and address today’s most critical project management challenges, taking a deep dive into the latest insights and practices with an emphasis on hands-on learning. As you increase your knowledge of critical areas such as risk, cost, change management, and agile methodology, you will also learn how to apply these concepts and methods. You will leave empowered to greatly improve project management results, adding significant value to your organization.
This program is accredited by the Project Management Institute and counts toward the education requirement for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and aspiring PMPs.
Impact & Benefits
- Create a formal detailed Scope Statement and a Risk Management Plan to improve project success
- Apply Agile Project Management methodology, tools, and techniques to appropriate projects
- Engage in a scenario planning simulation to develop a risk contingency plan
- Learn to use Affinity Diagrams and Mind Maps
- Apply Earned Value Management, the most effective and efficient tool for measuring and reporting costs
- Manage resources and costs more effectively
Who Should Attend
Existing and new project managers who want to learn the latest best practices and significantly improve their success rates.
John Juzbasich, D.Ed.(c), MLD, PMP, partner at Merit Career Development. John has been managing projects and teaching project management for over a decade. His business experience includes a successful career at IBM and a variety of high technology firms.
Already have your mind made up? View our registration and program calendar page.