This program is designed for mid-level and senior managers and is available as part of our Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Program Dates: There are no currently scheduled dates for a public offering of this program.
Delivery: Live Online - 6 sessions OR 2 days In-Person
(Participants need to complete all sessions to meet the program requirements).
Program Cost: $1800
Private Delivery Available: If you have a group of 15 or more, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange for a private offering of this program!
The current crisis has highlighted the vital importance of supply chain management.
In fact, some businesses that were not prepared for supply chain risk have seen teams, divisions, supply chains, and even the entire company fail to survive. Historically, 20% of companies who experienced a similar catastrophic event were out of business within 15-18 months after the event, and another 15% closed about 2.5 years after the event. The bottom line is that companies that are not prepared for supply chain risk aren’t just endangering their supply chain.
This online program will help participants develop their supply chain risk management capabilities through understanding the key elements of supply chain risk, being able to assess the severity and probability of risk events, and being better prepared to mitigate and manage risks as they occur. Delivered in six 2-hour live sessions, it offers a hands-on, highly practical approach to learning that participants can complete while remaining in the flow of work.
Participants will learn a framework for risk assessment, mitigation, and management; and detailed approaches, tools and techniques for risk assessment, preparedness, and mitigation are included throughout. In addition, the program incorporates the use of emerging technologies such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Predictive Analytics in anticipating, planning for, avoiding, and managing supply chain risk. Content will be applied and reinforced through practical assignments to be completed between online sessions.
Before the program begins, participants will complete a survey of their current SCRM practices that will guide the instructors in customizing content to meet specific needs. Participants will come away with a solid understanding of the current state of supply chain risk management, including the impact of the COVID crisis, and learn how to develop management strategies and specific plans for dealing with future crises and disruptions.
- Nature and Impact of Supply Chain Risks
- Identifying and Assessing Supply Chain Risks
- Approaches for Mitigating and Managing Supply Chain Risk
- Frameworks for Supporting Effective Risk Management
- Managing Supply Chain Risk Using Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Planning for and Implementing a Risk Management Program
Impact & Benefits:
- Gain a better picture of current risk management practices where you are in terms of risk management maturity.
- Discover approaches to supply chain risk management and resilience that can better position your organization to deal with—and even gain advantage from—risk events and disruptions.
- Learn through a blend of synchronous, virtual interaction with course instructors and fellow participants, and asynchronous online self-learning with instructor guidance and feedback
- Learn the common language of risk management to better share tools and best practices within your organization
Who Should Attend?
- Mid-Level Managers
- Current and Future Company Leaders
- Supply-Side Managers
- Supply Chain and Logistics Professionals
- Leaders of Cross Functional Teams
Robert Trent, Ph.D., Professor of Management, at Lehigh University. Bob has worked at Lehigh for 27 years as a professor and co-developer and director of Lehigh’s nationally-ranked supply chain program. He has written eight books and over 50 articles, including Supply Chain Risk Management: An Emerging Discipline, co-authored with Greg Schelgel. Bob has provided professional presentations, seminars, consulting, and training services to 60 companies and organizations worldwide. He recently received the M.B.A. Excellence in Teaching Award at Lehigh University.
Greg Schlegel has been a supply chain executive for over 30 years with several Fortune 100 companies and has taught risk management at Lehigh University, Villanova, and other institutions. He has consulted in supply chain management and risk management throughout the US and around the globe, and authored over 100 articles in major supply chain magazines and journals. Greg is also the founder of “The Supply Chain Risk Consortium”—a group of (13) companies providing education, assessment tools and consulting services.
Already have your mind made up? Register for this program today!
Looking to learn more about Executive Education at Lehigh?
We're here to answer any questions you may have and throughout your professional development! Please do not hesitate to contact us today!