All College of Business students must complete the Core Curriculum, as well as the requirements for their major area of study.
Required for all Finance Majors
2-Course Foundation Requirement
- FIN 323: Investments
- FIN 328: Corporate Financial Policy
5-Course Elective Requirement (Choose 5 courses from the following, at least 3 of which must have a FIN prefix)
- FIN 324: Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- FIN 330: Financial Markets and Institutions
- FIN 333: Global Finance
- FIN 334: Derivatives and Management of Risk
- FIN 335: Advanced Topics—Financial Management (various topics) Note: Course offered with a different topic can be repeated.
- FIN 336: Real Estate Finance
- FIN 337: Financial Market Regulation
- FIN 377: Advanced Topics—Investments (various topics) Note: Course offered with a different topic can be repeated.
- ACCT XXX: (Any 300 level Accounting course of at least 3 credits [except ACCT 371 and 372].)
- ECO XXX: Any 200 level (or higher) Economics course of at least 3 credits [except ECO 201, 259, 273, 274, 300, 362, 371 and 389].)
- REAL XXX: (Any 300 Real Estate course of at least 3 credits [Can only count 1 REAL course if also taking FIN 336].)
- ISE 316: Optimization Models and Applications
- ISE 339: Stochastic Models and Applications
- MATH 205: Linear Methods
- MATH 231: Probability and Statistics
- MATH 241: Applied Linear Algebra
- MATH 263: Introduction to the Theory of Probability
- MATH 310: Random Processes and Applications
For full descriptions of these courses, link to catalog.