MS in Accounting and Financial Engineering Program Specific Background Requirements
Students with an undergraduate degree in accounting generally can complete the program in one year. Students who did not major in accounting, but have an undergraduate business degree, are required to take six additional upper-level accounting courses prior to beginning the graduate MSAIA course work. The courses are:
- Intermediate Accounting I and II
- Accounting Information Systems
- Fundamentals of Auditing
- Cost Accounting
- Fundamentals of Federal Income Taxation
Applicants who do not have an undergraduate business degree will likely require two years to complete the program. The first year is devoted to background courses and the second to the graduate program itself.
In addition to these background accounting courses, students without a business background are required to complete the following courses prior to any 400 level coursework. Some of these courses are prerequisites to the above accounting courses:
- ECO I Principles of Economics (4 credits)
- FIN 125 Business of Economics (3 credits)
- ECO 45 Statistical Methods (3 credits)
- ACCT 151 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACCT 152 Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- LAW 201 Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- MGT 186 Supply Chain Operations Management (3 credits)
- MGT 243 Management of Organizations (3 credits)
- BIS 111 Introduction to Information Systems (3 credits)
Please click here to view the course catalog for course descriptions.
Looking for more information on the MS in Accounting and Information Analysis Program at Lehigh? Please fill out the form below and we'll send you information on academics, upcoming events and more.