Business Information Systems (BIS) Major
All College of Business students must complete the Core Curriculum, as well as the requirements for their major area of study.
The BIS major provides students with a strong foundation in cross-functional business processes and the application of information systems to support them. The use of technology and data analytics to improve business performance and effectively support strategic business plans is a major focus of the program. Career opportunities for BIS majors include: business analyst, data analyst, systems analyst, and information systems consultant.
Related special programs that augment the BIS Curriculum
- BIS Club - supports student engagement/networking with industry contacts and emerging technology trends
- FinTech Minor
- Business Analytics Certificate
Business Information Systems
Required for all Business Majors
- BIS 111: Management Information Systems
Required for all Business Information Systems Majors (3 courses)
- BIS 311: Managing IS Analysis and Design
- BIS 324: Business Data Management
- BIS 335: Application Development for Business
Business Information Systems Electives (choose 3 courses)
- ACCT 311: Accounting Information Systems
- BIS 333: Enterprise Security and Risk Management
- BIS 342: E-Business Enterprise Applications
- BIS 344: Cloud Computing for Business
- BIS 348: Predictive Analytics for Business
- BIS 352: Business Analytics and Modeling
- BIS 372: Special Topics in Information Systems
- ENTP 304: Technology and Software Ventures
For full descriptions of these courses, link to catalog.
For more information, please contact Professor David Zhang, Director, at email@example.com.