The May 2022 global business immersion has been canceled due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Stay tuned for information about the 2023 program.
Participants in this program will have the opportunity to travel and learn about business in one of the world’s most innovative and dynamic countries: Singapore. Besides being one of the world’s most significant global economies, we chose Singapore because of their leadership in responding to the pandemic and their extremely high vaccination rate among their population.
In this program, students will interact with individuals such as key business stakeholders, business owners, business executives, and government officials. The goal of the trip is to integrate global academic concepts learned in the classroom with the realities and functioning of business in Singapore. The trip will provide an invaluable opportunity for students to gain global experience in this dynamic market.
We are pleased to offer an opportunity for interested students to extend their stay in Singapore by pairing this program with an internship. Additional costs will apply.
This business elective course is part of Lehigh’s Global Initiative within the College of Business.
This trip will take place May 26 - June 5, 2022.
- May 26: Depart JFK, arriving in Singapore on May 28
- May 28 - June 4: 8 days/7 nights in Singapore
- June 5: Arrive back at JFK
More information on hotels, transportation, company visits, and cultural/group events will be made available soon. View a sample itinerary (tentative and subject to revision/change).
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed.
- Participants are selected via a competitive application process.
- Students may be invited for an interview (conducted on a rolling basis) as part of this selection process.
- Only students that have submitted a complete application form will be considered.
- Deadline: Monday, January 31, 2022.
- Early applications are encouraged as space is limited!
- Students will be notified of their acceptance early February 2022.
- Open to all College of Business students with good academic standing—including IBE, CSB, and CAS majoring in either economics or the joint International Relations and Economics Program. Also, open to all masters students in the College of Business.
- Must have either junior or senior standing in the Spring semester 2022. However, seniors planning to graduate in May 2022 must defer graduation to August 2022 to be eligible to participate.
- Students must comply with all entry requirements as stipulated by the government of Singapore with respect to COVID-19 vaccination and testing.
- $2,995.00 This fee includes: roundtrip airfare between JFK and SIN; hotel accommodation (based on 2 sharing, includes breakfast & WiFi) in Singapore; local transportation to company visits; some cultural excursions and some meals.
- A mandatory $50 study abroad iSOS registration fee will be charged to your Bursar account once you have a confirmed place on the trip.
- Students will be responsible for organizing and any costs associated with visas (see information below).
- Students will be asked to consult with their health care provider regarding recommended vaccinations and tests necessary for travel to Singapore. They will be responsible for organizing and any costs associated with any such vaccinations and testing prior to departure.
- Group transportation from Lehigh University to JFK Airport and return can arranged at an additional cost.
- Please note that ALL students must travel as a group. We have a group booking for all flights associated with this program and included in the cost of the program.
- Currently, there are NO VISA requirements for US Citizens to enter Singapore. You are required to have a valid passport.
Important Information for Non-US Citizens Wishing to Apply:
- In addition to the passport requirement stated above, non-U.S. citizens wishing to apply for the Global Business Immersion program will need to submit proof that their F1 visa or J1 visa and I-20 or DS2019 are valid beyond the return date to the U.S. from this trip.
- Non-U.S. citizens may require visas to enter Singapore. Students will be responsible for arranging their visa and any costs associated with the visa application. You can check any visa requirements based on your citizenship at the relevant Embassy or with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Singapore.
Students should refer to St. Luke's Travel Clinic to consult about recommended vaccinations for travel to Singapore. The University Health Center DOES NOT administer any of the recommended vaccines.
- Financial support is available to students who demonstrate financial need.
- To apply for financial support, complete Travel Grant Request Form. Instructions on how to apply are included on the form.
- Students may also be eligible to apply for a Student Loan.
Professor of Management
Associate Professor of Management