This two-day open-enrollment program is designed for senior-level professionals, and is available as part of our Project Management and Management & Leadership certificate programs.
In an environment of constant change, increased volatility, and heightened uncertainty, only the companies and leaders who can evolve to meet new challenges will survive. But setting growth strategies and goals isn’t enough. The projects that will support those goals have to succeed—and that takes effective oversight. In fact, the number one reason projects fail to meet their objectives is lack of senior management support.
Driving Project Sponsorship will equip you with the latest tools and techniques you need to succeed as an active, hands-on project sponsor. From project selection to kickoff to closure, this program covers the entire project lifecycle, and explores cutting-edge trends, global project management, and project governance. It will equip you for challenges such as managing change and risk, and dealing with critical issues that can derail projects. You will leave with experience in applying powerful tools and templates, and with an actionable plan you can use with your next project.
Impact & Benefits
- Understand your critical role in affecting the success or failure of every project
- Select and prioritize potential projects that will be most beneficial for your organization
- Ensure that projects are clearly defined, properly staffed and structured, and adequately resourced from the outset
- Learn the additional oversight challenges of highly complex and global projects
- Monitor the health of a project, recognizing and addressing challenges to bring troubled projects back on course
- Support the delivery of planned project benefits on time and within budget
- Discover emerging trends in project management that could benefit your organization
Who Should Attend
- Senior-level executives responsible for growing or transforming their organizations through projects
- Project sponsors
- Members of a project executive advisory or oversight board
- Project champions
- Managers who provide resources to projects
- Executive stakeholders accountable for project success
John Bowen, visiting instructor of project management, Lehigh University. Mr. Bowen is president of Management Envision LLC, a research and consulting company focused on innovative presentation of complex issues in process, portfolio, project and program management. Leveraging more than 35 years of experience managing multi-national projects involving teams in more than 25 countries, he provides management consulting services to IT organizations in global expansion and manages projects in the US, Latin America and Europe.
Mr. Bowen authored an acclaimed project management methodology and established project management offices (PMOs) in multiple companies in the US and Latin America. He has taught international business, information engineering and project management for MBA programs at eight universities and has taught project leadership to more than 500 professionals from nearly 100 countries at Lehigh’s Iacocca Institute’s Global Village program.
Already have your mind made up? View our registration and program calendar page.